The following is a regularly updated list of the top nonprofits on social media.
Note: Colleges, universities, and churches were not evaluated for this list. For a legend explaining how the rankings are computed, scroll down past the list.
Top 50 Nonprofits on Social Media
Last updated 5/01/14
This list is sponsored by Social Media for Nonprofits Conference, DC, June 18th
HOW THE LIST IS COMPUTED
- Thousands of nonprofit organizations are reviewed in a preliminary screening to determine if their statistics are competitive enough to be ranked.
- 500 organizations are then selected to be ranked.
- Data is collected for each nonprofit for Facebook Likes and Twitter Followers.
- For each of the 6 measured criteria, each organization is ranked in comparison to all other nonprofit organizations being evaluated.
- A composite rank for each nonprofit is determined by giving by 50% weight to Facebook Likes and 50% to Twitter Followers
- The top 50 organizations are published.