The following is a regularly updated list of the top nonprofits on social media.
Note: Colleges, universities, and churches were not evaluated for this list. For a legend explaining how the rankings are computed, scroll down past the list.
Last updated Spring 2016
Provided file /nas/content/live/topnonprofits//wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Social-Media-Rank-2.xlsx does not exist!
HOW THE LIST IS COMPUTED
- Thousands of nonprofit organizations are reviewed in a preliminary screening to determine if their statistics are competitive enough to be ranked.
- 500 organizations are then selected to be ranked.
- Data is collected for each nonprofit for Facebook Likes and Twitter Followers.
- For each of the 6 measured criteria, each organization is ranked in comparison to all other nonprofit organizations being evaluated.
- A composite rank for each nonprofit is determined by giving by 50% weight to Facebook Likes and 50% to Twitter Followers
- The top 50 organizations are published.