At TopNonprofits we have enjoyed providing information and resources to organizations of all sizes and serving all missions throughout the world.
We feel a sense of community with our readers and, therefore, feel compelled to be very clear about our feelings around the recent killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and so many others. We are horrified and will not allow systemic racism to continue on our watch.
We stand with all who are peacefully protesting and getting to the real work of putting an end to brutality, racism, and inequities.
Let me be explicit in our intention and beliefs:
- Black lives matter.
- The killing of Black people by U.S. law enforcement is unconscionable and must stop.
- We oppose the systems that encourage and enable these human rights violations.
- We oppose a system that emphasizes resources for oppression, policing, and imprisonment at the cost of resources for health care, education, and restorative justice.
- We need more than the reallocation of resources; we need systems changed. We need to be a part of that, in our organization, in our communities, and in our country.
- We reject any individual or organization with whom racism is acceptable.
- We are a business, but we are not in the business of selling our souls: If racism is ok with you or your business, we prefer not to work with you.
- We prefer to work with all who are interested in bringing an end to racism and inequality.
- We know that being silent on this topic is being complicit. We will not be silent.
Managing Partner, TopNonprofits