As a union leader, you likely wear many hats to keep your organization running smoothly. You need a software solution that can support your current operations and scale them over time. That’s why choosing an integrated union management software solution is essential to your union’s success.
Leveraging a top-of-the-line software solution grants your union access to features that fit its unique needs. Let’s go over how to streamline your operations, improve your management tactics, and provide results to your members with the help of the right software solution.
1. Data Management
Let’s face it: relying on paper records is usually a recipe for disaster, especially in your union’s fast-paced and data-driven environment. Consider these benefits of using your union management software for data management:
- Save time. Union management software eliminates headaches and tedious data management by storing data in a secure and centralized online location.
- Reduce human error. The right union management software will not only sync data between systems but will alert you if there are any discrepancies.
- Keep comprehensive records. Union management software securely and instantly saves all relevant member contact and payment data in its extensive database so that all of the information you need to engage with your members is right at your fingertips.
These features allow your union to take control of your data and leverage technology to pursue your purpose. So, lose your filing cabinets and let union management software do the work for you.
2. Financial Management
Membership dues power all of your union’s activities and increase your bandwidth to take on more. Late or missed dues payments can severely hinder your union’s progress, making financial management a consistent pain point for union managers.
However, the top union management software solutions have integrated payment processing capabilities that take the stress out of collecting and managing financial information, such as membership dues and fees. For the best experience, look for software solutions that:
- Allow your members to manage payments. Empower your members to automate their payments, choose their payment method, and configure reminders when payments are due.
- Sync financial data with member profiles. The best payment processors allow you to sync all payment history with each member’s profile in your database so you always have a complete picture of how many members pay consistently.
- Can generate in-depth reports. An integrated solution can compile data across multiple segments of members so you can visualize your financial standing.
- Are PCI compliant. Your members’ data privacy should be your top priority, so ensure the payment system you choose is PCI compliant.
The right union dues processor makes it easy to stay diligent about collecting your member dues. Plus, your members will love the freedom of being able to pay wherever they are, whenever they want.
3. Collecting Member Feedback
Your union’s ultimate goal is to represent members’ interests and win them the working conditions they deserve. The best way to serve your members’ interests is to listen to them, taking their comments, questions, and concerns into account. Incorporating feedback from your members helps them feel heard and builds trust in your organization.
Union management software provides the infrastructure for both you and your members to collaborate on any feedback. Look for platforms that can:
- Manage cases, arbitrations, and complaints from members
- Send and receive messages via email and text blasts
- Distribute surveys and track the information to specific member profiles
Keep communication channels with members open so you can develop the most effective management strategies possible.
4. Professional Development
Negotiating with employers and writing contracts don’t have to be the only ways you can support your members. You can also catalyze their professional growth by providing skills development and training opportunities. Union management software can help managers provide professional development opportunities by:
- Coordinating events
- Scheduling and managing calls
- Collecting feedback from members
Remember that investing in professional development is an investment in your members’
skills, building their trust in your management. In fact, over half of workers say that professional development opportunities increase their job satisfaction. This approach not only benefits your members individually but also strengthens the union as a whole by fostering a more skilled and satisfied membership.
Now that you’ve seen all you can accomplish with union management software, you might be wondering how you get started. UnionWare suggests learning more about different solutions on the market by:
- Attending an informational webinar
- Finding out which features work best for you
- Booking a free demo
In the digital age, the best way you can provide value to your members and save time
is by using a powerful management solution. By leveraging a system that’s equipped with the right features, you can address problems your organization faces, big or small, with confidence.